28 September 2008

I Hear Matt Good is a Real Asshole (Part Two)

For long-time readers of this blog, it's no surprise that I love Matthew Good. I love his music, I respect him as an artist, I respect his opinions and motivation to do something. He was my inspiration for getting involved with Amnesty International. Well, he's done it again.

Last year, he announced publicly that he suffers from Bipolar Disorder. It came to light after a drug overdose that was not a suicide attempt. He was misdiagnosed for years. That misdiagnosis is directly responsible for a lot of the wacky behaviour that everyone attributes to proof that he's an asshole.

Of course, highly-intelligent, opinionated, outspoken critical thinkers are often labeled as assholes (unless they're women -- then they're bitches). This one happens to also put his money where his mouth is. For this, he's my Hero of the Week.



From matthewgood.org.

No comments: