26 August 2008

Put your money where your mouth is

I use Brita filters. I like the way they work. Because I have stomach sensitivities, I find it helps to take some of the trace minerals and chlorine from my drinking water. But lately, I have been wondering about the filters.

I'm not the only one. Yesterday's Daily Bite from IdealBite.com addressed this very issue. In it, they link to a petition for Clorox, which is the parent company of Brita. If you're concerned about all those plastic tubes going in the garbage, why not sign it? The IdealBite tip also lists ways to contact other filter manufacturers about the same issue. And lest you pooh-pooh this idea, saying that perhaps there is no such option, be aware that filter recycling is already available in Europe.

Urge Clorox to take back and recycle used Brita water filter cartridges

No comments: