29 October 2005

Uninspired

I just ate 4 two-bite brownies. That's 8 bites.

I'm listening to the sound of my fingers typing and the dryer's steady, rhythmic hum.

A car alarm was going off a little while ago. I could hear my upstairs neighbour go to the window to see what was going on. It amused me because finding the source of the honking wasn't going to make it stop.

My neck hurts and I've been sitting up far too long for my "condition". I should be resting more, but lying flat is pretty boring.

I think I need a new dryer. The one I have works, but I'm approaching 1.5 hours to dry this one load. That seems a bit much to me. I just cleaned the lint trap (I hate this lint trap) so hopefully that will help.

I'm going to see Nikah tonight, which is exciting. I think it's been almost a year since I last saw her. She's having a Hallowe'en party. I'm going as a "Call Girl". It's not what you think. I'll try to get a picture and post it later.

Jenni has just informed me that she won't make brunch plans for tomorrow, so I am sad. I tried to book her early so she could make time for this, but I guess it's not going to happen. It was supposed to be her belated birthday present, and I had the perfect place in mind. Good food, but not too pricey. She says maybe next weekend, but next weekend isn't after payday. Hopefully I'll remember to save some. Lately everything extra I end up with goes straight on my credit cards.

I have no interest in seeing this new Zorro movie. I saw a scene from the last one on TV a while back, and it struck me as contrived. I feel that Disney should be able to do better. I think they're trying to piggyback on Pirates of the Carribean, because they've not had much success with their live-action movies of late. I think Antonio Banderas as the man with the mask is a bit too cliché. I guess he takes the parts that don't require too much effort so he can spend more time with Melanie Griffith. She used to be hot, so maybe I'd want to spend time with her too.

I want Everything is Illuminated to come, but I guess it must be too artsy, because Empire decided not to open it on any screens east of Ontario, I guess.

Here, Empire really is just that. Like a dictatorship. They have a monopoly on movie-going in NS, with the exception, I think, of a few independents in more rural areas. I don't think another megaplex would necessarily help, unless the theatres started actually bidding for different movies, instead of just fighting for more copies of the same movie. I guess the same problem exists with Canadian cinema, too. But I suspect, as I heard someone say on the radio, that marketing plays a huge part in that too.

Google Talk should be awesome, but it sucks. I don't understand why they didn't wait to give it some actual useful features before they released it. There are probably lots of people who would rather use it because it's not a Microsoft product, but they have a long way to go before they're on par. Part of the awesomeness would be that it's advertising-free, but it will be hard to convince people to switch from MSN. We are all indoctrinated.

I guess I will go get supper so I can get ready for the party. Happy Hallowe'en.

3 comments:

Me said...

Did you develop ADD with your neck condition? That was a lot of random information at once. ;)

Jenni said...

I have never had a weekend where I wished I had my car more than that one!

Agate said...

I wonder if you should write to google to tell them that they need to improve their message program, or if they already know your opinion. They have bots that trace key words, right? So maybe they're collecting data on blogs and email about what we think of their products. Just a very randam idea, but then this post of yours was rather random too...