17 October 2005

Hey everybody, guess what!

I was rear-ended this morning.

Yes, it hurt. Yes, I am okay. My neck and shoulders are stiff and sore. I already saw my doctor and he has referred me to physio. I have an assessment tomorrow.

My car is driveable, but needs fixin'. The bumper needs a patch and paint, along with the read driver's side panel.

The other person was at fault because she hit me from behind.

I don't want to sue. I just want some assurance that this won't spike my auto insurance.

Sigh.

I was sent home by my doctor for rest and ice. Now I am bored.

2 comments:

Branflakes said...

Your car can have it's bumper put back on. Your body can't have its arm (for example) reattached (with any certainty).

Glad you're okay.

I could be wrong, but I don't think your insurance rates can be hiked for an at-fault accident when you're not at fault. I know they can get bounced up for single party no-fault accidents.

But enh. If your insurance goes up, it goes up. At least you're okay. And I don't say that lightly. Since I have no insurance history in BC, my insurance more than doubles until I get old records from my former companies. To whom I owe money. :-|

PS: Can you make your captcha [word verification] shorter? 8 characters is a lot. :-p

minako said...

I have no control over the length of the word verification. Either it's there or it's not. Sometimes it's long, sometimes it's short.

Update: I still hurt. A lot. Possibly more than yesterday. I will be off work until at least Thursday, according to my new physiotherapist.

Typing hurts. No more.