02 September 2005

Let me clarify

Moving out is great. Moving SUCKS.

I hate packing. I hate unpacking. I dislike big cleaning jobs. I dislike upfront organizing. I prefer to organize an already established mess.

My furniture is in. What I own, anyway. I have a bed. I have a dresser. I have a chair and ottoman (from IKEA!). I have a kitchen table and chairs. That's it. I do have a desk, but it's in MB, and I don't know when it'll get moved up.

Dad has a lead on some other furniture, which is great. The downside is that it will almost exactly match my carpet. Dad says I should just suck it up and live with it, which I will do for a while. But eventually, I want my condo to look like a home, not a dorm.

I'm obsessed with renewable energy now. I keep thining about solar panels and wind turbines. I know they're expensive up front, but I can't understand why more people don't use them, including our illustrious power corporation, who whine constanly about needing rate hikes so they can afford to buy more oil and coal. Hey. Stupid. They keep getting more expensive because they're running out.

I'd love for my condo corp to decide to invest in solar power. I think it would be a great investment. It's pricey up front, but if we get enough panels, we could sell power back to the grid and actually make money. Just think of the cost and energy savings!!

I think I'm going to look at some energy efficient and eco-friendly things I can do. When I live in w/v, I had this stuff called Ecogent. It was a biodegradable cleaning product. As far as I could tell, it worked just fine. And I understand that vinegar is amazing, too.

So, current predictions have me moving in completely a week from Sunday. Dad's going away next weekend and Mom doesn't want to be alone the whole time. She'll help me get set up, figure out what staples groceries I need, and (hopefully) organize my kitchen.

In the meantime, I plan on relaxing for most of the long weekend. It's supposed to be sunny and warm. Perfect conditions for being lazy. :D

1 comment:

Me said...

At least you have a place to move into and you are no longer in the "rent trap" like me. I'll never be able to afford to move out in Toronto - 5% is usually the minimum down payment and that's like a million dollars here!!