19 November 2004

Quandary

What does one blog about when so much is happening that one can't reveal for fear that the wrong person reads the blog?

That makes life difficult. Especially when one has spent the better part of the past few weeks thinking about, talking to, and spending time with said person.

At least I can say that, mentally, life is exciting.

Excitement of the week: Went to w/v to visit Robyn & Kurt. Had an awesome day of cheese, beer, and (best ever!), Quantum Leap. Found season 1 on DVD. Watched pilot. Happiness and bliss.

I've been back teaching in the past couple of weeks. My other job stopped (sadly) and I needed another way to pay back my loans. Of course, teaching is what I spent the big bucks to be able to do, but I really like that Events stuff. I'm on contract now to do some research stuff. But I don't know what will happen after Christmas. I do know that I need the money, though.

The teaching is generally going well. It makes me tired in a way that officework doesn't. And I get so tired of yelling. But I do like the kids. They're great. Even the ones I don't like aren't terrible. Actually, I find it hard to say that I dislike any of them, really.

In other news, I'm sort of writing again. My last post was an example that no one really seemed interested in. But I also found a story that I started a few years ago. 2001, I think. I wrote about 18 pages, and when I read it, it wasn't crap. I also had Foo look over it, and she agreed. She suggested some changes, which I agree with. Since then, ideas have been popping into my brain. But, as usual, not chronologically, and not when I have the opportunity to actually work on the story. So I now have 2 pages of disjointed notes. Once again, if I could write by osmosis, my life would be easier. Maybe not osmosis, but something that arranged the words on the page as I thought them. I could have written entire novels by now!


I've decided to encourage reader feedback. Dear reader, if you could do anything in the world, what would it be? My clever response would be Philanthropist, because, in order to always be giving money away, I would have to have a TON, and I'd be able to fulfill all my other dreams, too. Alternatively, and on a slightly smaller scale, I'd like to find a way to make people happy. Hmm. Maybe that's not so small after all.

4 comments:

Tricky said...

i want to run a non kill humane society for all sorts of animals..take care of both sets of parents, and open a soup kitchen.

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted do be an archaeologist. Something along the lines of Indianna Jones. Except for the man-whoreishness.


Meghan

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to be an English teacher. I hope I get to be one. I would like to be an art teacher too. Having lots of money to give away would be nice.

Jenni

Branflakes said...

Well, right now, I'm applying for library school, so librarian, I guess. Information can be a powerful tool (weapon?) for all sorts of people, and in the practice of librarianship, I get to purvey information. Even as a library working stiff, I've seen the right book on a certain medical condition, or the next tome on Harry Potter, make real differences to people.

Also, I'm hoping that your standard female librarian stereotype will be one of my coworkers. Kiss Me, I'm a Librarian!I've also thought about being a minister. So maybe I'm into occupations with high impact on peoples lives.