25 May 2004

Change is good

I tweaked my blog slightly. I was having some problems and I wanted to... simplify. Like it or lump it. Just be sure to comment!

News: Have been teaching. For real! Well, substituting. I've worked 6 days so far, and have 2 more booked. I really love the anxiety of going to bed every night wondering if I'll get that 5:30 a.m. call to go to some unheard of school to babysit 30 kids from anywhere in the 5-18 range. Yes, that's right, welcome to my life as a glorified babysitter.

In other news: the Vic-Day weekend camping trip was a bust. Fun while I was there, but the opportunities did not all present themselves as I would have liked. I got sick, there were unhappy incidents, I left early. Not the love-in I expected. But it never is when I have expectations. As Nancy says (sort of), "Expectations are for chumps". But someday I will be a born-again hoochie. I have a goal. To paraphrase the great Wayne Campbell, "It will be mine. Oh, yes; it will be mine."

What else? Nothing off the top of my head. I'm in "lay low" mode. I don't foresee any great opportunities, so I'm just going to roll with it for a while. I'm trying to work some Paris time into my Europe trip. That would be fabulous. Daphne thrives, and I would love to see her. It's not a done deal yet, but the possibility of it only being 6 weeks away is enough to make me squeal.

Scratch what I said earlier. There are tons of things going on. I just can't pin my brain down long enough to turn any into blog-worthy stories.

I'll try harder next time.

Until then, your comments are welcome.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Why do we have this weird desire to be born again hoochies? Why can't we just be easy in this life? Stupid sense of morality that I can not seem to shake.