11 September 2003

Best Roommate Ever

Feeling much better. It's amazing what a lack of hormones can do to a person (especially this one).

I had a fun breakdown with Estelle on Monday night. I'm sure that put me right at the top of the "Best Roommate Ever" list. (Why can't I have "rolling eyes" smileys here like on MSN?) So many things to unload. Stress, exclusion, PMS, anxiety, the list goes on. She was so good about it and just let me cry. I don't know how long it had been since my last good cry. Ages, that I can remember. Well, months. It might have been December when I dumped Tom. Or January, when I reminded him that I dumped him. I can't recall any time over the summer, but at any rate, but felt good. A nice release.

The negativity has settled. I think things are a lot more open for everyone right now. For the most part. I have a sneaking suspicion that there's some resentment going on in some corners. I'm just trying to live my life and not go insane. I've been through the wringer in the last couple of weeks and I'm tired of having to prop others up at the same time. I don't resent it outright, I just wish that some people would have a little restraint and not assume that I'm a punching-bag/kleenex for unlimited use.

The first week of classes went relatively smoothly. I have enough anxiety to give a moose a heart attack, but I'm ready for this year. I don't expect great things, but I do expect things. I'm highly entertained by thoughts of what could be. It's also quite intimidating. But so far there's something good in each class, and that's a good first step. As with last year, there's quite a bit of group work, and the usual lesson planning. But still nothing scary like 12-page essays. I'll save those for next semester, I guess.

I'm in the city for the weekend. I saw Foo this afternoon. She's leaving shortly for a world backpacking tour. She could be gone anywhere from 8 months to a year. No Foo at Christmas; no comic superstar during stress. Woe is me. I'm really excited for her though. And a little jealous. It's going to be sooooooo fabulous!!

Other than that, I'm dogsitting and going to catch up with some people I've been neglecting since mid-August. Relatives are in town as well, and I must make an appearance! :)

Off to have a snack before din-din. Send love to those who need it!

No comments: