12 June 2003

Frivolity comes with a price

So, I think Someone is trying to teach me a lesson. Apparently I should own expensive things, or anything that helps me maintain my eyesight, for that matter.

On the weekend (at Kelly's camp), I dropped my cell by the lake and it got stepped on. It could have been me, it could have been someone else. But the end result was a hole in the display screen, and a whole lot of wetness. Considering how drunk I was, I would have expected myself to freak out. There was a little bit of "Oh, no!" but otherwise I was generally calm about it. I decided that either it could be fixed or it couldn't. Simple enough. I brought it in and they said it was only the glass and they fixed it for only $35. They gave me labour free, since it was a 2 minute job and nothing else was wrong with it (a miracle). That wasn't so bad.

I lost my glasses a few weeks ago. The last time I saw them was before I went to LA. I'm not covered under insurance for a new appointment, prescription or frames until October, but I can't wait that long because I'm getting dizzy spells.

And today I lost my sunglasses. My $135, 6 week old pair. Gone. Disappeared into the void. And I think I lost them at my dad's office too, so that makes it worse. I really despise people. Why can't they just be honest. And before you start hurling accussations like, "If you found a pair of sunglasses, you'd take them too." No. I wouldn't. Because this isn't the first time this has happened, and I know how upsetting it is. Even my eyeglasses have been stolen right out of my schoolbag. ARGH!!!

So, I'm bitter. And I haven't learned anything, because I'm going out right now to buy another pair. Then I can whine about my $300 sunglasses when they go missing (combined total, both pairs).

No comments: