07 March 2003

Looking for the Silver Lining

Okay, now I don't want to sound like a whiner, but really, this has been a shitty week. Shall I run it down?

First, a staple of the university community passed away. No direction connection to myself, but I am linked through Estelle.

Second, a missing housemate of the Estelle was found dead after being missing for a few days.

Third, the stress and strain of university life all comes crashing down in the one week, coupled with wanting to support those who need it (that's not a bad thing, just difficult).

Fourth, a professor is cancelling assignments and ending the class early. He's sick and needs surgery. This is upsetting. I'm sure there are people cheering that they don't have to write 6-8 page papers, but I'd rather have a healthy prof.

Fifth, car accident. Estimate cites more than $2200 in damage -- and that's just the initial look-see. Once they start replacing things, they might find more....

Sixth, I got an e-mail this morning from my friend in Toronto. Her mother-in-law-to-be died early this morning of cancer. Less than a year after diagnosis. While she was trying to help Jenn and Justin plan the wedding. No details on what will happen. I wish I could go to the funeral. Why are planes so expensive?

So, yes. That's it so far. I'm hoping that Sunday will bring an upswing. I'm pretty tired of all this.

No comments: